🔔 Stay Updated!

Get instant alerts on breaking news, top stories, and updates from News EiSamay.

Delhi woman alleges gang rape, torture and forced conversion bid; four arrested

A 23-year-old Dalit woman has accused a group of men of abducting, gang-raping, and torturing her while allegedly attempting to force her to convert her religion.

By Shaptadeep Saha

May 23, 2026 21:58 IST

A shocking case involving allegations of gang rape, blackmail, torture and forced religious conversion has surfaced from southeast Delhi, where a 23-year-old Dalit woman has accused multiple men of subjecting her to prolonged abuse over several years.

According to the complaint lodged with police, the woman first came into contact with a man identifying himself as Sahil through social media in 2021. She later allegedly discovered that his real name was Faheem. The accused had reportedly introduced himself as belonging to a financially stable Hindu family and allegedly spoke of marrying her.

The woman claimed that her ordeal began after she was called to the Batla House area in 2022, where she was allegedly gang-raped by Faheem and others.

The accused allegedly continued threatening her while keeping her under psychological pressure for an extended period (ANI)

Survivor alleges blackmail and repeated assault

According to News 18, in her statement to police, the woman alleged that videos of the assault were recorded by the accused and one of her acquaintances. She claimed those videos were later used to blackmail and intimidate her into silence. The complainant further alleged that she was subsequently taken to Meerut, where she was sexually assaulted again.

According to the FIR, the accused allegedly continued threatening her while keeping her under psychological pressure for an extended period. She also claimed that she later came to know that Faheem and some of his relatives were allegedly linked to illegal arms activities. The woman made disturbing allegations of physical and mental torture, claiming she was subjected to acts intended to terrorise and humiliate her.

Also Read | Coimbatore horror: 10-year-old girl abducted, murdered after stepping out for groceries; 2 held

Police arrest four accused

According to News 18, Delhi Police registered an FIR at Jamia Nagar Police Station after the woman alleged that the first assault took place in the Batla House area. Police officials confirmed that four accused persons have been arrested so far in connection with the case. Investigators said the matter is being treated seriously, and multiple aspects of the allegations, including the claims of coercion and intimidation, are under examination.

The woman also alleged that another man, identified as Tasleem Maulvi subjected her to further torture during the period of abuse.

Also Read | AIIMS Delhi team to conduct fresh autopsy in Twisha Sharma mystery death

Threat calls and jail contact under probe

According to News 18, Faheem was arrested by Gurugram Police in 2025 in another matter, during which the mobile phone allegedly containing the objectionable videos and photographs was seized. The woman stated that the recovery of the device gave her confidence that the material could no longer be circulated.

However, she later alleged that Faheem contacted her from inside Mandoli Jail and that she also received threatening calls from an international number allegedly originating from Dubai. Police officials said technical evidence and call records are now being examined as part of the ongoing investigation.

Articles you may like: