Late pop icon Michael Jackson, who died in 2009, is among the celebrities whose names surfaced in the recently released Epstein Files linked to convicted sex offender Jeffrey Epstein. A photograph of Jackson with Epstein has circulated online, but there has been no confirmation of any involvement between the singer and Epstein in criminal activity. Now, unfortunately, Jackson is no longer alive to respond, so supporters have pointed to his past clarifications and statements, arguing that the full context is often overlooked.
Neverland Ranch, allegations and public defence
Neverland Ranch, Jackson’s private estate, was known for its amusement facilities and for hosting children. A report circulating on social media claims that Jackson used Neverland to shield children from what it describes as the “industry regime” and sexual predators. However, despite the presence of a photograph of Jackson and Epstein in the released files, there has been no evidence confirming any connection between the two beyond that image.
Supporters often reference actor Macaulay Culkin’s long-standing defence of Jackson, maintaining that Neverland was a safe space for children. Some online narratives suggest that the 1993 and 2003 allegations against Jackson were “flipped scripts” intended to target him for speaking out against powerful industry figures.
ALSO READ | 'Get the files out': Hillary Clinton turns heat on White House as Donald Trump says 'nothing to hide'
Jackson had previously addressed the allegations publicly, stating, "I ask all of you to wait and hear the truth before you label or condemn me. Don’t treat me like a criminal because I am innocent. It was a horrifying nightmare. But if this is what I have to endure to prove my innocence, so be it. Throughout my life, I have only tried to help thousands and thousands of children to live happy lives.It brings tears to my eyes to see any child who suffers. I am not guilty of these allegations, but if I am guilty of anything, I’ll give all that I have to give to help children all over the world.
Bodyguard’s response and context of the photo
Jackson’s former bodyguard, Matt Fiddes, who worked with him for nearly a decade, has rejected any insinuation of wrongdoing. According to Fiddes, the photograph was taken around 2002–2003 during a brief visit to a Palm Beach property Jackson was considering while house-hunting. He said Jackson did not know who Epstein was at the time and described suggestions of a connection as “all nonsense.”
ALSO READ | Elon Musk on track to become world’s first trillionaire; net worth hits $850 billion
What documents say
The image was among redacted materials released under the Epstein Files Transparency Act, which mandates the US Department of Justice to publish certain records. The documents also included photographs of Epstein with other public figures such as former President Bill Clinton and Diana Ross, but did not present evidence of criminal conduct by those pictured.
🚨ALERT🚨
— DahJuanPa (@DahJuanPa) December 20, 2025
Michael Jackson is mentioned in the Jeffrey Epstein documents, but it’s IMPORTANT to note he is NOT linked as a client like Oprah, Bill Clinton, etc.
The evidence actually points to Michael’s innocence.
A THREAD 🧵 pic.twitter.com/pvCdE3r4dp
Online reactions have been divided, with some users expressing continued support for Jackson. A user commented on a X thread, "The photos showing Michael with Bill Clinton are ALSO NOTHING NEW. They’re from an event called “A Night at the Apollo,” a Democratic National Committee fundraiser held at the Apollo Theater to kick off a national voter registration campaign."
Another user said, "Not sure who needs to hear this, BUT, Micheal Jackson was 100% innocent."