🔔 Stay Updated!

Get instant alerts on breaking news, top stories, and updates from News EiSamay.

'It's never too late to do the right thing': Savannah Guthrie pleads for missing mother's release

In a latest development in the case, police are studying the DNA found on a glove that they recovered, which seems to match a glove that a suspect in a doorbell camera video was wearing

By Trisha Katyayan

Feb 16, 2026 17:14 IST

Savannah Guthrie has issued a plea for the release of her 84-year-old mother, two weeks since she went missing, saying "it's never too late to do the right thing" for anyone involved.

In a new video, the US TV anchor appeals "to whoever has her, or knows where she is", saying that Nancy Guthrie's family "still holds on to hope".

Also Read | Denied US re-entry on O-1 visa, Meta AI scientist relocates to continue work in London

Police are also studying the DNA found on a glove that they recovered, which seems to match a glove that a suspect in a doorbell camera video was wearing. Authorities believe that the suspect in the video abducted Nancy Guthrie in the early hours of February 1, reported BBC.

Glove discovered

The FBI revealed that they discovered a glove in a field near the roadside, about two miles away from Guthrie’s Tucson, Arizona, residence.

The agents collected about 16 pairs of gloves from areas near Guthrie’s residence, but most of them were discarded by individuals searching for Guthrie. "The one with the DNA profile recovered is different and appears to match the gloves of the subject in the surveillance video," the FBI said, as reported by BBC.

Guthrie's case is still under investigation, with the FBI stating that they are awaiting quality control checks before confirming the DNA results of the glove, which will be added to the database with an "unknown male profile".

People detained so far

Amid the search for Nancy Guthrie, at least five people have thus far been detained and eventually released, reported Hindustan Times.

Also Read | Former US President Barack Obama says aliens are ‘real’ but dismisses Area 51 conspiracy | WATCH

One individual was detained, while a gray Range Rover was confiscated during the late-night operation near Nancy's place on Friday. This happened at the same time that three other people were taken into custody. The police had zeroed in on the vehicle at a Culver’s restaurant parking lot in the Catalina Foothills, just two miles away from Nancy's place, as revealed by Hindustan Times.

The driver of the vehicle was interviewed and then released, as revealed by the New York Post. Two men and one of the men's mothers were also taken into custody by a SWAT team after a tip-off, only to be released after the questioning. Before that, a man named Carlos Palazuelos was taken into custody for questioning over the case, only to be released shortly after.

Carlos had reportedly been pulled over during a traffic stop, while the police also carried out a search warrant at Carlos's place. This came after the police released the surveillance footage and images of the crime scene.

Prev Article
Denied US re-entry on O-1 visa, Meta AI scientist relocates to continue work in London

Articles you may like: