Dismissing foreign media reports on the Air India crash investigation in Ahmedabad that killed 260 people in June 2025, Civil Aviation minister of state Murlidhar Mohol on Saturday said that the investigation was still going on and no final conclusions have been drawn.
Also Read | What pushed IndiGo to hire over 1,000 pilots after massive disruptions?
Matter under investigation
Mohol said, "I just want to inform you all that our investigation agencies are probing the matter. Should we have faith in our own agencies or outsiders? Our agencies are working on it," he said, as reported by The Times of India.
Mohol said that they would wait for the final report to arrive at conclusions. "Once the final report is finalised, then only it will be justifiable to comment on it," he added, highlighting the need to trust Indian investigation agencies rather than depending on international media.
Report by Italian media
This comes on the heels of a report carried by Italian media which blamed the pilots as being responsible for the air crash.
Also Read | What is SSSS on your boarding pass? Everything to know about the mysterious code
On Thursday, it was the Aircraft Accident Investigation Bureau (AAIB) which clarified by stating that investigation into the matter was still in process. The claims of it being over are "incorrect and speculative".
The air tragedy involved an Air India flight Boeing 787-8 to London's Gatwick Airport which crashed soon after takeoff from Ahmedabad on June 12 last year. The tragedy resulted in the deaths of 241 passengers and 19 others.