Two years after the high-profile Pune Porsche crash shocked the country, the families of the victims say they are still waiting for justice. The case, involving the deaths of two young IT professionals after a speeding luxury car allegedly driven by a drunk teenager hit their motorcycle, continues to draw public attention over delays in the trial and bail granted to several accused.
The crash took place in Pune’s Kalyani Nagar area on May 19, 2024, killing Ashwini Koshta and Anish Awadhiya on the spot. Investigators later alleged that attempts were made to tamper with blood samples to hide alcohol consumption by the minor driver.
Also Read | Petrol, diesel prices hiked again: Check latest rates in Delhi, Mumbai, Kolkata
Families say justice remains distant
Ashwini Koshta’s mother, Mamata Koshta, expressed frustration over the slow pace of the case. “It's been two years, but nothing has happened... we are awaiting justice, and those who killed our daughter are out on bail,” she said, according to Hindustan Times.
She further said, “It is extremely painful... my daughter is no more. Those monsters are yet to be punished. They are roaming freely. It feels like the law is only strict for ordinary people, while influential people can escape punishment easily.”
Ashwini’s father, Suresh Koshta, also questioned the delay in court proceedings and referred to Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s “beti bachao beti padhao” campaign. “Now they will roam around freely and comfortably while the case continues. But we are the ones suffering endlessly,” as per Hindustan Times reports.
He added, “Prime Minister Modi talks about ‘save the daughter, educate the daughter.’ He talks about empowering girls and bringing 33 per cent reservation for women.”
VIDEO | Pune Porsche car crash case: Family of victim Ashwini Koshta still awaiting justice. Ashwini's mother Mamata Koshta, says, "It's been two years, but nothing has happened... we are awaiting justice and those who killed by daughter are out on bail. It is extremely pic.twitter.com/q8nbAngNEo
— Press Trust of India (@PTI_News) May 19, 2026
Bail orders deepen families’ disappointment
The Supreme Court, earlier this year, granted bail to the father of the minor accused, who is alleged to have conspired to swap blood samples to secure a “Nil Alcohol” report.
According to investigators, blood samples of the teenager were allegedly replaced with those of his mother. Doctors and intermediaries were also arrested in connection with the alleged tampering.
The case had sparked nationwide outrage in 2024 after the juvenile was initially granted bail with conditions that included writing a 300-word essay on road safety. The decision drew criticism across the country and led to fresh scrutiny of the juvenile justice system.
Also Read | Gautam Adani and Sagar Adani get huge relief as US closes criminal case permanently
VIDEO | Pune Porsche car crash case: Family of victim Ashwini Koshta still awaiting justice. Ashwini's father Suresh Koshta, says, "Today, two full years have passed. But we still have not received justice. Instead, those people who were in jail have now been granted freedom. The pic.twitter.com/ufxIFmbU4g
— Press Trust of India (@PTI_News) May 19, 2026
Victims’ families demand stricter laws
Anish Awadhiya’s family has also demanded stricter laws against underage driving. His mother, Savita Awadhiya, reportedly said, “The system there is completely flawed because, one by one, everyone is getting bail.”
The family argued that parents should also be held accountable for allowing minors access to expensive cars and alcohol. They said stronger laws are needed to prevent similar incidents in the future.