🔔 Stay Updated!

Get instant alerts on breaking news, top stories, and updates from News EiSamay.

Ex-Prince Andrew arrested amid fresh ‘misconduct’ allegations linked to Epstein files

UK police have reportedly arrested Prince Andrew following fresh misconduct allegations emerging amid renewed attention on the Epstein files.

By Rajasree Roy

Feb 19, 2026 15:55 IST

UK police have reportedly arrested Prince Andrew following fresh 'misconduct' allegations emerging amid renewed attention on the Epstein files.

Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor, the son of the late Queen Elizabeth II and brother of King Charles III, has been taken into custody in the United Kingdom and is currently being held by police.

According to the BBC, Thames Valley Police confirmed on Thursday that a man in his 60s from Norfolk had been arrested on suspicion of misconduct in public office. Officers are also conducting searches at properties located in Berkshire and Norfolk as part of the investigation.

ALSO READ | 'It's OK to ask for support...': Prince William shares his own approach towards mental health

“We will not be naming the arrested man, as per national guidance,” police said in a statement. “Please also remember that this case is now active, so care should be taken with any publication to avoid being in contempt of court.”

Police have not officially declared the name the suspect, in line with standard practice under British law. However, the information shared in the police report aligns with known public allegations of misconduct. On Thursday morning, officers were seen at the Sandringham estate, where Mr. Mountbatten-Windsor currently resides.

Fresh scrutiny after new documents surface

Former prince Mountbatten-Windsor’s past association with convicted sex offender Jeffrey Epstein has been public knowledge for several years and led to him being stripped of his royal titles last year. This latest investigation marks a further development in his ongoing public and legal troubles.

In a statement issued on February 9, before news of the police probe became public, Buckingham Palace said that if King Charles III or the palace were contacted by police, “we stand ready to support them as you would expect.”

The statement also said that the King had “made clear, in words and through unprecedented actions, his profound concern at allegations which continue to come to light in respect of Mr. Mountbatten-Windsor’s conduct.”

ALSO READ | UK asks for 'detailed' explanation over Air India fuel switch incident, warns of regulatory action

Although Mr. Mountbatten-Windsor had previously faced accusations of sexual misconduct, a new batch of documents released by the U.S. Department of Justice on January 30 added further scrutiny. The documents included several emails suggesting he may have shared confidential material during his time as a British trade envoy.

In one of the emails, Mr. Mountbatten-Windsor appears to have forwarded official reports about his 2010 visits to South Asia, documents sent to him by his assistant to Mr. Epstein.


{This is a developing story. Please stay tuned with us for the latest updates}

Prev Article
'It's OK to ask for support...': Prince William shares his own approach towards mental health
Next Article
How rich is UK's former Prince Andrew? Questions grow over his mysterious wealth after arrest

Articles you may like: