🔔 Stay Updated!

Get instant alerts on breaking news, top stories, and updates from News EiSamay.

‘Deploy some AI to manage...': Exhibitors, delegates slam arrangements at Delhi’s AI Impact Summit 2026

What was meant to be a showcase of cutting-edge innovation turned into a day of long queues, closed gates and sharp online reactions from exhibitors and delegates at Delhi’s AI Impact Summit 2026.

By Pritha Chakraborty

Feb 17, 2026 11:15 IST

Day one of the AI Impact Summit 2026 in New Delhi drew large crowds to Bharat Mandapam, bringing together policymakers, technologists, startup founders and global industry leaders. But alongside the enthusiasm around artificial intelligence, several attendees described logistical difficulties that they say overshadowed the event’s first day.

Attendees flag overcrowding, restricted access

Multiple visitors took to X to share their experiences. One attendee described the venue as “too crowded,” saying movement inside the premises was difficult. She also questioned the scale of AI showcases, calling the summit “just another well-marketed event.”

An IIT Kanpur alumnus said he was proud of India’s progress in artificial intelligence but disappointed with the organisation. In a post, he wrote, “I came here to attend the Summit. Today was the first day. And the gates were suddenly closed at 3PM (heard some were closed by 12PM). Citing heavy crowd inside. Went from gate to gate, no luck. Thousands of people left stranded outside. Including exhibitors.”

Also Read | Mumbai traffic curbs as PM Modi-Macron set to inaugurate India-France Year of Innovation 2026

Another user also raised concerns. Referring to “7 AM queues” and a “12 PM full evacuation,” he alleged that exhibitors, delegates and startup founders were left waiting outside without water or clear communication. He questioned whether access had been limited to select invitees without prior clarity.

"Media shows celebration. Ground reality was chaos. If access was limited to select high-value guests, just say it upfront. Don’t mobilize the ecosystem and then displace them. This is not how we build India’s AI future", he wrote.

Security measures and missing equipment claims

An attendee mentioned heavy traffic, long queues and “cash only food counters” at the venue, adding, “Can we maybe deploy some AI to manage… the summit?”

Another said that security arrangements ahead of Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s visit led to certain areas being sanitised and cordoned off. According to him, his team was asked to vacate their booth, and their AI wearables later went missing. He described the situation as “extremely disappointing,” citing expenses incurred for travel, logistics and exhibition space.

Also Read | AI takes over big screen as Delhi hosts India’s first AI film festival at Qutub Minar

Summit continues till February 20

The AI Impact Summit 2026 is scheduled to run until February 20. Official details state that the event includes around 300 pavilions and live demonstrations built around three themes: people, planet and progress.

The expo features participation from 13 countries, including Australia, Japan, Russia, the United Kingdom, France, Germany and Italy, underscoring growing international engagement in the AI sector.

Prev Article
Mumbai traffic curbs as PM Modi-Macron set to inaugurate India-France Year of Innovation 2026
Next Article
Emmanuel Macron's India visit sparks $40 billion Indian Air Force Rafale mega deal talks with PM Modi

Articles you may like: